- Ask your friends to have a clothes clear out and hold a clothes exchange party. The dress that never quite suited you might be someone else’s dream outfit! Get guests to make a small donation to ShelterBox for each item exchanged.
- Get together with your neighbors to have a joint clear out of your attics, sheds or cupboards and hold a garage or yard sale.
- Have a spring cleaning and create some space in your home by selling your unwanted toys, furniture, clothes and such like on a website such as eBay (see below!) or through local advertisers (such as Craigslist) and donate a portion to ShelterBox.
- Get together with a group of friends to offer your services to help other people have a clear out or tidy up in exchange for a small donation to ShelterBox.
Setting up an account is straightforward. There are a couple of online forms to complete and if you also open a PayPal account, you will be able to accept electronic payments, greatly increasing your chance of a sale.
It pays to take note of the 'selling tips' listed on the site. Items are more likely to sell if there is a clear, simple description of the item and a good photograph.
What do you want to do?
• Sell something to support ShelterBox
• Buy something to support ShelterBox