SHELTERBOX USA ANNUAL CONFERENCE
October 9-11, 2015 • Rosen Shingle Creek • Orlando, FL
Join ShelterBox SRTs, Ambassadors, staff, board members and special guests for the 2015 Annual Conference in beautiful Orlando, FL! Our theme, “For Those We Serve,” will find many sessions focused on learning more about our beneficiaries as well as our donor’s needs.
- Get updates on new ShelterBox equipment + current deployments
- Hear a first-hand account of a recipient of ShelterBox aid after Katrina
- Fundraising best practices, including presentation tips + social media instruction
- Celebrate volunteer achievements
- Brainstorm ideas + enjoy fellowship with volunteers and staff
- Alison Wallace, ShelterBox International CEO
- Nick Hall, PhD, award winning scientist specializing in stress and its effects
- Bishwaman Angdembe, Rotaractor, assisted in Nepal 2007 & 2015
- Strayham Family, Hurricane Katrina survivors and ShelterBox beneficiaries
ANNUAL CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
Click HERE to register
PRE-CONFERENCE ACTIVITY (Optional; registration required)
October 9th • Orlando Operations Center tour • 9 am-11 am • $20 p/p
The Orlando Operations Center is a 28,000 sq ft joint facility that provides public safety support and the continuity of government during a major disaster. The Orlando Operations Center is comprised of four major operations for the City of Orlando. It houses the Traffic Management Center, the 911 Communication Center, the Network Operations Support, and the Emergency Operations Center. The tour will consist of a briefing and a walkthru of the facility.
Topics covered include:
- Emergency Management Operations
- Response and Recovery Operations
- Public Safety
- Continuity of Government
- Shelter Coordination
Program and breakout session details coming soon!