February 22-24, 2013
The Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf | San Francisco, CA
Join us for ShelterBox USA’s 2013 Annual Conference & Humanitarian Awards Dinner!
• Discover the science behind disasters
• Hear from SRTs and other NGO leaders
• Make connections around the world
Click here to register
View the schedule with details here.
THURSDAY, FeBRUARY 21
Early Arrivals -Stop by the Spressi Bar meet fellow volunteers, board members and staff.
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Board Meeting -Portions of this meeting will be open to volunteers.(Seating is limited.)
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22
Pre Conference Activities
- Dynamic Planet: Earthquake Exhibit & City Tour
- ShelterBox Response Team Member Training: Beyond Deployment, Part I (SRTs only, please)
- Conference Kick-Off
- The Science Behind Disasters
- ShelterBox Update
- Domestic Deployments and Your Role
- Applying to be an SRT Member
OPTIONAL: Committee Breakouts -ShelterBox Committees will have an opportunity to meet for hourly meetings at 5, 6 and 7pm.
OPTIONAL: ShelterBox Social
- ShelterBox Around the Globe
- Deployment: Behind the Scenes
- Disaster Scenario Exercise
- Partners in Disaster Relief
- Ready, Set, Fundraise!
- ShelterBox and You (A session for our special guests)
- Inspire, Educate and Fundraise: A Session for Newer Ambassadors
- ShelterBox is Social
- Engaging the Next Generation
4:05 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- More Than a Pretty PowerPoint
- Don’t Fear Fundraising
- SRT Member Training: Beyond Deployment, Part II (SRTs only, please)
Dinner & Awards Program
OPTIONAL: Team Coordinators Best Practices Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Working with the Media
- Learn from Your Peers
- Hands-On Kit Demo
- Your Personal Success Plan